Wednesday, August 1, 2007

checked in

Ben and I are at the JFK airport in New York after a hustle and bustle morning of cleaning out the apartment, last minute packing and more goodbyes. After a nine hour flight we will be flying into Vienna at 8 a.m. for a five hour layover (I hope they serve weinerschnizel for breakfast). The second leg of our flight is only about seven hours to New Delhi where we will be greeted by Satish, one of Ben's friends whom he met on his last trip to India. We will be staying with Satish and his family for a day or two until we find an apartment of our own. Our requirements are air conditioning, internet, hot water and satellite TV. Well, the TV would be a bonus.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. If I wasn't then I wouldn't be acknowledging the realities of moving to a place like India. I was up since 5 a.m. this morning out of excitement, fear and nausea from the malaria pills I recently started to take. I can't wait to get settled and to have a daily routine.
More to come soon...
Aliyah

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I MISS YOU ALREADY!! YOU CRAZY KIDS!

CassieV said...

Nausea from your malaria pills? Now my dear, what exactly were you doing last night?

Maybe Lion's Head wings wanted to leave you with something to remember 'em by.

Fly safe. And post away!